Changing Lives. Building Futures.
Expanding the YMCA now will help us accommodate community growth – serving individuals and families in search of well-being – while forging strategic partnerships to help us carry out our mission.
We are so thankful to the generous donors who helped us reach our fundraising goal of $10 million and look forward to finishing the task of creating a facility with the greatest possible impact and capacity.
What We’re Building
- Licensed child care
- After school care
- Indoor sports and recreation opportunities for all ages
HEALTHY LIVING CENTER
- State-of-the-art fitness and strength training center
- Fitness testing and wellness consultation room
- Dedicated group exercise rooms
WELCOME CENTER & MEMBER LOUNGE
- To strengthen family and community relationships
MULTI-GENERATIONAL COMMUNITY ROOM with TEACHING KITCHEN
Why It Matters
- Ensure all people in our community have access to the programs and services that improve healthy outcomes, and curb the spread of chronic disease.
- Build a connected community through social interaction and fun recreational activities.
- Partner with Marshfield Clinic Health System (MCHS) to offer the Youth Net after school program, providing children early access to sound health care, intellectual and social stimulation and recreation.
- Offer innovative wellness programs through collaboration with MCHS.
- Provide affordable, top-quality, all-day child care to support working families.
- Invest community resources in early childhood education and partner with Wood County Head Start.
- Coordinate efforts with other local organizations to expand our services and offerings, including the Marshfield School District’s Alternative High School.